Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 15, 2011

Brittney's Digs

I visited my furry little pal, Brittney the other day.  She is now about 8 months old and has moved to an area of the farm that we call "The Woods".  This is an area of the property that sits behind Stafford lake.  There's a hay/feeding barn nestled amongst the trees where alfalfa is stored and where we feed the older calves.  They remain on this part of the property until 14 months of age or so.

It's very peaceful in this area.  The only sounds and sights are those of birds chirping, a slight rustle of tree branches in the breeze and an occasional sighting of the resident barn owl that has her nest in the rafters of the barn.














As I called Brittney's name, she looked up and I snapped the picture.  She's the calf with the mainly white face.

Happy as can be, eating her breakfast and enjoying the scenery.

Update:
I want to thank all that voted for Rocky Road ice cream in the Flavor Face Off challenge, I truly appreciate it!  Rocky Road was beat out my MSU's Fudge Dribble.  Difficult to compete with the entire student body of MSU!!  Congratulations Fudge Dribble.

The good news is, you don't have to listen to me try and prompt you into another round of voting! 
Pin It

6 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

They never do forget, do they?

I hope you've had an enjoyable day!

Fairchild Farmgirl said...

You have a great site! Just read your newspaper links...congrats!
I'm happy to follow you!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I like the idea of a calf called Britney!

Cowgirl Red said...

Hi I found you through Fairchild Farmgirl. I have pet calves too. I recently blogged about my buddy Spot. I'm looking forward to following you. Cowgirl Red

http://cowgirlred.blogspot.com/2011/06/spot-retrospective.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for following our blog! We must say that Britney is adorable! Awww.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love your Britney I have a Lucky who is always looking for me. It is always nice to be loved and wanted by your cow. B