Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 8, 2010

Melon Martini





Are you having a summer cocktail party anytime soon?  If so, I have the perfect summer martini for you to serve.....the Melon Martini.  It's refreshing and sweet.

A bit of Midori history:
Midori was developed by Suntory, and was launched in the United States in 1978 with a huge welcoming party at Studio 54,  attended by the stars of Saturday Night Fever, including John Travolta. 

Ingredients:
2 oz Midori Melon Liqueur
1 oz vodka
1/2 oz Triple Sec

-Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.

-Pour the vodka, Midori and triple sec into the shaker.

-Shake and strain the drink into a Martini glass.  (I fill my glass 3/4 full and top it off with club soda.....I know, I know, it's watered down that way but I'm a light weight)

-Garnish the glass with a wedge of honeydew melon, a pineapple wedge or I like to use a maraschino cherry because I like the look in a martini glass.

Enjoy!

Happy Tuesday! Pin It

3 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I don't think I could drink more than six or seven of these...it looks so good!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That is an intense color of green- I am not a big martini drinker- more of a pool side drink- lots of ice and lots of juice! Martini's are too strong for me. I would need club soda too.

Anonymous said...

I'm not having a Martini party soon, but that won't stop me from trying your recipe, thanks