Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 9, 2010

Evil Little Thing

Since Bryce's school let out for the summer last week and Paige's last day of Pre-school was today, Bryce and I had a Starbucks date after dropping Paige off.  It's so much fun having individual dates with each of my kids.  There's no competition for 'talk time' or 'singing time', they can each have full dominance of the entire conversation with these individual dates.  Very relaxing for me too!

This is the evil little goodie that was calling my name, right as we walked in!  So I figured since I went to my Boot Camp class early this morning at the gym, I could allow myself this little pleasure. 

That's the reason we exercise, isn't it?



Bryce and Paige both really enjoy the mini vanilla scones at Starbucks so that's what Bryce chose, along with a juice box.

He couldn't eat them fast enough!

"Uhh Mom, my belly hurts" 

By the time my Americano was ready, Bryce was finished eating and was eyeing my mini donut, belly ache and all.  Not so fast Buddy.

I no longer drink decaf lattes.....saving calories where I can.

So I can eat the mini donut.

Makes perfect sense doesn't it? 

I have switched over to Americanos.  Starbuck's Americanos are an espresso drink and contain 0 calories.  I pour milk in mine, so it's similar to a latte but with only a few calories. 

I've been caffeine free for a few years now, for the mere fact that if I drink regular caffeinated coffee any later than 10 a.m., it keeps me from sleeping well at night.  But I just read some information in Prevention magazine on how caffeine can really boost your metabolism (of course what's most important is to eat a healthy diet and exercise).  A daily dose of coffee can boost it 5%-8%  --- about 98-174 calories.

So I've decided to try one cup of regular coffee instead of decaf in the morning before 10 a.m. everyday.   Maybe this will keep me from feeling sluggish at 3 every afternoon.

We'll see :)

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It

5 comments:

Monet said...

I just found your blog, and I'm smitten. I love seeing the pictures of your family and hearing about your day. Look forward to more posts!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I love spending one on one time with my monkeys- so much fun.

Now that they are older- they have school at the same time and I don't get to do this as much but we always plan for it.

Dana Gustafson said...

Doesn't regular coffee have it's own space on the food guide pyramid yet? LOL! Thanks for the little slice of your day today...and the reminder that more excercise can equal yummy treats. A great reason to get movin, I'd say!

Unknown said...

I'm with Bryce on the mini scones!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Welcome Monet! Happy to have you and look forward to getting to know you:) Thanks for visiting!