Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 31, 2012

WW: Anticipation

Feeding time at the calf barn is always loud.  As soon as they see a human coming their way in the morning hours or in the afternoon, they anticipate the food they're about to receive and the mooing ensues.

This little girl grabbed a hold of the snap in her attempt at being patient, but dropped it as soon as the alfalfa was placed in the feeding trough.

And then there is peace and quiet.  All content as they munch.....kind of like at my house.


















Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

5 comments:

Dar said...

I enjoyed this memory flash you served. I really miss having critters of all kinds in my barn. I just suggested to Bill that we should give it a go again, afterall, he's retiring and needs a new hobby...LOL
I remember realizing that if you have one cow or calf, you might as well have a dozen...cause you have to be there for them, no matter what.
BlessYourHeart

Pat Tillett said...

Hi Nancy!
I guess we are all creatures of habit and don't need a clock to know when it's time to eat!

Nancy said...

The geese do the same thing when they hear the back door slam... :)

oklady said...

I loved your picture and your blog.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see your animals so well loved.