Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 17, 2012

Tailgating San Francisco Style

I had the most amazing, exciting day on Saturday. The 49ers, whom I LOVE, were playing the Saints in a playoff game at Candlestick Park. What's a girl to do but get busy making a sign and then head down to Candlestick to meet friends for some tailgating action.















My friend, Karyn and her family, have been 49er faithfuls for many years.  They have this tailgating thing down to a T!  With the 49ers in the playoffs, their tradition is to put on a Cioppino feed for the tailgate party.  Karyn's husband, Nick, puts in a lot of hours, sweat and tender loving care, beginning the day prior to the game, into this Cioppino recipe of his.











I'm not sure what the head count was, but I'm guessing some where around 40 people for Cioppino.
















There were muscles, clams and crab all mixed with a special secret sauce.....SO good.

But that's not all we had.  It was quite the sausage fest as well.

 Pretty soon, it was time to head into the stadium.














With the Niners being in the playoffs for the first time since 2002, the crowd was completely fired up. I lost my voice.  Oh!  By the way, I was NOT allowed to bring my sign into the game!  So bummed!
















The National Anthem ALWAYS gives me chills, but especially with members of the military flanking a gigantic flag and fighter jets flying by overhead just as the anthem comes to an end.  So cool.















I had to snap a picture of my man, left footed David Akers, who is the kicker on my fantasy team, doing his thing....he's awesome! 

The game did not disappoint.  It was a nail biter till the very end without a doubt.  My heart is still pumping hard.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

Maureen said...

What a party!!! It looks like so much fun.

Unknown said...

That sounds really fun!
Your pictures are awesome!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for the game this weekend! You guys have a great spread and you snapped some nice photos, I'll have to bring my camera on Sunday! GO NINER'S!!!!!!

Pat Tillett said...

What a great day you had! It looks like a ton of fun. The fact that your team won, was a major bonus for you all...

cathy@home said...

Funny thing my cousin was there at the game as well big 49ers fan he and his wife are.

Suz and Allan said...

That game was amazing!!! What a great game to be able to see firsthand!