Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 9, 2012

California Women for Agriculture Convention

I spent this past weekend in the Central Valley of California attending the California Women for Agriculture State Convention.  It was my first time attending this meeting and I'm so glad I did.  Many of the women involved with CWA, I've gotten to know through social media, but have never met in real life, attending CWA was a great opportunity to finally make this happen.  It's great to have online connections but it's even better when you can make a face to face connection.
















During the meeting, there was a fabulous line-up of speakers, some of them included:

Assemblyman David Valadao, who spoke about the importance of sharing the agriculture story with the public.























My good friend, Katie, author of the Pinke Post, got the room fired up by sharing her wealth of information about social media, community, agriculture, family and how to tie it all in together in the form of a blog.  I learn something valuable from Katie every time I hang out with her.
   















Another friend and fellow Dairy Farmer, Barbara Martin, aka The Dairry Goddess, spoke about her dairy farming and family history and how she found her passion for cheese making.























During the meeting, the reins were handed from the 2009-2011 CWA President, Celeste Settrini {on right}  to the now current CWA President, Karrie Hammerstrom.






















After the meeting, later in the evening, the dinner/dance/party was held at the Kingsburg Gun Club.






















Where around 140 attendees enjoyed making great connections, conversation,
















eating fabulous food.
















Aftrer dinner, we moved on to an entire table of mini desserts.....I had the most difficult time choosing....so I had three!















I also had the pleasure of celebrating the birthday of my North Dakotan soul sister, Katie, on this same evening.....




















One thing I hadn't known prior to the dinner/dance on this evening, about Katie, is that she makes a great swing dance partner....she leads and everything!  We danced....a LOT to this great Rockabilly band named Motel Drive.













And called it a night at around 10:30.
























By attending the conference, I found California Women for Agriculture to be such a welcoming, strong minded, intelligent group and am now happy to be a part of it all!


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you two rock! i'm so glad you got another chance to hang together. i know katie's travels will be a lot less, now, so i'm sure she enjoyed this bash fully!

colleen said...

Nancy - what a great recap. I'm so bummed I had to miss it but I'm glad you and Katie were able to connect and you got to meet some of the fabulous women of our organization. Maybe we will see you in Redding in March?

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Thanks Colleen, missed you down there!! I'll check the dates for March :)

Nancy Sands Johnson said...

I am no ag lady, but I love food and appreciate farmers. In this era of outsourcing everything (including ag) overseas, it is nice to see women out there fighting to preserve California's agricultural heritage and livelihood. NancyG, thanks for being part of the conversation!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think it is a superb idea that farming women get together - and that food looks to die for.

Katie said...

I just got to reading blogs a week later but this post MADE MY WEEK. Thank you so much for the kind words and more importantly for a truly unique and fun friendship! I am blessed by you, Nancy. And that sounds awfully mushy for a blog comment but just gotta throw it out there! I miss you!
Katie