Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 23, 2012

Flat Stanley ~ BooHoo Niners...

I PROMISE, this is the last football post for at least nine months.  We braved the rain, wind and cold to be at Candlestick Park yesterday to root on our team, the Niners.  We barely made it in time for the pre-game festivities, but we managed to have a few refreshments before the game began.














I was asked, by my seven year old, Bryce, if I could babysit Flat Stanley for him and take him to the game....of course!  Flat Stanley will have some cool pics to enter in his journal for school.


After tailgating and before making our way to our seats, we stopped at the Bud Light Stage to listen to Wonderbread 5 for a while as they were...
getting the fans fired up for the game.
















The crowd was definitely pumped up and ready for this game, too bad the offense couldn't quite make it though......















So, the best parts of the game for me, are highlighted with photos.....

The National Anthem sends chills, as always.















Hundreds of members of the military carrying the flag....

Half time show, Brad Paisley performed.......












And Flat Stanley was a little down after overtime but overall, thought his first football game experience was exhilarating.....













If I had a bucket list, going to a Superbowl with the Niners playing in it would be on it.  Here's hoping for next year in New Orleans....what a party THAT will be!

As I said, no more football posts for a while but I will, however, be posting about some football party food.....that's always a good thing.
Who are you rooting for in the Superbowl??....I like Tom Brady

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

Amy said...

Gotta love Flat Stanley!

Anonymous said...

Flat Stanley ROCKS! And even if the 49ers didn't come out on top of the game, what a great experience for him!

Sarah said...

How fun!! My class is doing Flat Aggie - which is Flat Stanley but she is going to visit farms and ranches. What a fun day for Flat Stanley!

Unknown said...

People in Indiana are NOT happy to have the Patriots coming to our town, let alone set up shop in our stadium. I was rooting for the Saints because my guy Drew, former Boilermaker and a great guy, is just one of my favorites! Now I'm rooting for Peyton's little bro. No clapping for Tom or the Pats in this house. But hey, it's just a darned ol' game right?

George said...

I saw the picture of you with the calf. Do you always dress like that on the dairy? Even your rubber boots matched your blue outfit

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Ha! George, I was still in my workout gear from that morning....I normally wear jeans, but those ARE my 'ranch' rubber boots:)