Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 25, 2012

"BOTW" Pumpkin Fudge

I have an overabundance of canned pumpkin taking up room in my pantry right now.  I completely stock up this time of year, so when I found this recipe for Pumpkin Fudge, online, it is now next in line for me to try.  I hope you'll enjoy it also!





















Recipe and photo courtesy MidWest Living


Lower in fat than traditional chocolate fudge, I think it'll be a winner in my house.

Best of the Web:

Pumpkin Fudge
Ingredients
cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
5 1/3 - ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12 - ounce package (2 cups) butterscotch-flavored pieces
7 - ounce jar marshmallow creme
cup chopped pecans
teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1.    Butter a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2.    In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
3.    Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Boil over medium-low heat until mixture registers 234 degree F (soft-ball stage) on a candy thermometer, stirring constantly (about 25 minutes).
4.    Remove from heat and stir in butterscotch pieces until melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
5.    Pour mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator. Makes 3-1/4 pounds.

Nutrition facts
Sat. fat (gm) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 5, Fat, total (gm) 3, Sodium (mg) 21, Calcium (mg) 10, Carbohydrate (gm) 10, Vitamin A (RE) 72, Calories (kcal) 73


Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I check your blogs daily. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep it up!
Feel free to visit my web page electrical engineering internship

Anonymous said...

I read you every day and would like a little less Martha Stewart and more about the dairy or cows. I am an old male, 73 years old