I love caramel apples and so do my kids but sometimes a regular sized apple is too much, so check out what I found......Mini Caramel Apples! Using a melon baller and a regular sized apple, you can make eight of these little gems. Perfect for a Fall themed party or a school Halloween carnival!
'Best of the Web': Mini Caramel Apples
Photo and recipe courtesy Disney's Family Fun recipes.
· 4-inch lollipop sticks
· Melon baller
· Granny Smith apples (one apple makes about 8 mini apples)
· Butterscotch or peanut butter chips or melted Caramel
· Chopped nuts, nonpareils, sprinkles, shredded coconut (optional)
· Small paper candy cups
1. First, cut the lollipop sticks in half at an angle (the pointy end will go into the apple pieces easier). With the melon baller, scoop little balls out of the apple. Each ball should have a section of apple peel. Push half of a lollipop stick into the peel of each ball. Pat the apple pieces dry.
2. Melt the chips or caramel according to the package directions. Dip and swirl the mini apples in the melted chips, then roll the apples in nuts, sprinkles, nonpareils, or coconut, if desired. Place the mini apples in paper candy cups to set.