Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 27, 2012

Gin Cocktail For Summer

If this cocktail doesn't say 'summer', I don't know what does.  It has all the essential ingredients....gin, honey and Limoncello to name a few.  Refreshing and goes down smooth, served in one of my favorites, a mason jar.

So while you're watching the 2012 Summer Olympic Opening Ceremonies on Friday night, have one of these........

'Best of the Web' for the week....The Leland Palmer





















Photo courtesy Nigel Cox



Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup hot water
3 cups freshly brewed jasmine tea, cooled
3/4 cup gin
3/4 cup limoncello*
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1 cup chilled club soda
Ice cubes
6 lemon slices (for garnish)
*Limoncello, a lemon-flavored liqueur, can be found at many supermarkets, at Trader Joe's markets, and at liquor stores.

Preparation:
Stir honey and 1/2 cup hot water in small bowl until honey dissolves. Cool completely.
Combine honey water, jasmine tea, gin, limoncello, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice in large pitcher. Add club soda and stir to blend.
Fill six 1-pint mason jars or 6 tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide tea mixture among jars; top each with lemon slice.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh My! I am a huge fan of both Limoncello and Mason Jars. Love this :)

Brooke @ Rural Gone Urban said...

I love this! Personally, I'm currently a fan of the Bomb Pop Margarita.

k. said...

This sounds so good. Of course I'd put lime instead of lemon juice. I just love lime.