Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

July 19, 2011

WW: Hydrangea

Hydrangeas are a favorite flower of mine.  I especially love the blue colored variety.....I think it's in my blood, you see, they're on the island of Sao Jorge in the Azores, where my dad is from and they just about COVER the entire island.














So whenever I buy a Hydrangea to plant here at home, I have five at the present time, I buy them in 'blue' but they all change to shades of pink.....every time. 













I know it has to do with the soil.  I've heard throwing a few rusty nails into the hole before planting will keep the blue color, tried it, doesn't work.

So for now, it's all about pink Hydrangeas on the farm.

Linking up Wordless Wednesday at:
Pinke Post
Project Alicia
Live and Love Out Loud


P.S.  I'm hosting a new Linky Link Up tomorrow....Thankful Thursday.  Feel free to link up your blog post for the day!  It goes live 4 p.m. PST Wednesday afternoon!


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It
Post a Comment