Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 22, 2011

Angry Birds

If you follow me on Twitter, you then know that I was dreading the appointment I had made to take Paige in to wrap up her Kindergarten immunizations.  It's one thing when they're babies and don't know what's coming, but when they're just about five and you tell them they need to go to the Doctor to get ready for Kindergarten.....they know!  Her first question was, "Am I getting a shot?"

I didn't want to tell her she needed three PLUS a TB test.  But I did promise my frightened 4 year old that if she did get any shots, I would take her to Toys R Us afterwards to pick out a toy.

The appointment didn't go very well, but Toys R Us did.

My little animal lover picked out a battery operated walking, dog talking dog that had a very close resemblance to someone else we know............

Meet Cutie!

Poor Chloe didn't know what to think of Cutie.  She's not afraid of a herd of cows but it's an entirely different story with Paige's new stuffy, Cutie.

Bryce's role for this day was to be a supportive big brother to his little sister and to do all he could to take her mind off what was going to traspire at the Doctor's office.  He was also allowed to pick out a toy at Toys R Us.

I'm not proud....I bribe my kids.

My video game crazed boy, who is allowed to play video games only one day a week for an allotted amount of time {whole other story}, chose a stuffed Angry Bird toy.  If he can't play the game but once a week, he was going to make sure he had Angry Birds in his life every day, one way or another.


The best part of this story is how Bryce came up with a real life Angry Birds game he created from Jenga blocks and his new Angry Bird stuffy.  I have never played Angry Birds on video, I don't know if you have, but it's totally fun with the reenactment game Bryce came up with.






















We play it every night.  He sets up the Jenga blocks in various configurations and we all take turns throwing Angry Bird from across the room to try and knock down the blocks.  So much fun and more difficult than it sounds!


By bed time, Chloe and Cutie agreed to tolerate each other.












Are you an Angry Birds fan?


I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. Have a fantastic day!


Pin It

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad chloe has accepted the competition! :)

This Farm Family's Life said...

Ha ha! Love the faces! We have that same dog in our house.

Unknown said...

That is just brilliant! Miss Add would love a real life Angry Birds!

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Your kid's faces are adorable and I absolutely love the idea of the household game of Angry Birds. So much more interactive and fun than playing it on the ipad or phone!

Cabin Fever in Vermont

Michelle said...

My daughter and husband are Angry Bird fans. Video games drive me nuts!

Megan said...

I love the Angry Birds improv! My nephews LOVE my Jenga game and rarely play it the normal way (though it surprisingly keeps the attention of an active 6 year old). They love to use the blocks to build (then destroy) things.

The Weaver of Grass said...

There is no easy way to prepare our little ones for 'jobs' as we call them here, is there? I suppose once they survive and feel proud of having had them without too much fuss then they get a bit braver next time. Also I am all for a little bribe in the right place.

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Bryce is pretty dang creative!