Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 6, 2010

Tractor Seats

All I have to do is take a little walk around the ranch to find something I find interesting enough to photograph.  Cows, calves, my horse, owls, today it was this tractor seat.

An old, classic tractor seat that is still connected to it's wheel base of steel wheels. 

Where did it come from? 

Who's 'seat' sat on this tractor seat at one time?  My father in law, George, when he was a kid?  Bryce's Great Grandfather, George Sr., when he worked the dairy?  

I don't know.

I'm sure I can find out the answer......but it's almost more fun to imagine or conjure up a story in my head.
So much history goes along with generational ranches and farms.  I want to capture as much of ours as I can....for my kids and for anyone else interested in reading/seeing a part of it.



What seat will Bryce sit in when he can drive?





I'm sure Paige will choose any seat she darn well pleases ;)




Here's a fun video that shows tractors from classic antiques to modern day 'monster' tractors that's fun to watch.  Plus it doesn't hurt that country music artist, Jason Aldean is singing his tractor song to go along with it.



P.S.  I did find out the old classic tractor is a swather that was once pulled by horses for cutting hay, probably 60 years ago.  It still sits on the ranch, awaiting the next generation to ponder it's origin.

Happy Tuesday! Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tractors have certainly come a long way from when I was a child on the farm 50 years ago. Now they are built much more so for comfort. That's a good thing!

Di

Unknown said...

The song should have been, "Big Red Tractor"!! haha!

My partner in crime and I left you an award on our blog!

http://twomaidsamilking.blogspot.com/2010/07/award-time.html

Teresa said...

Love that Jason Aldean song! I just visited a county fair here in Iowa the other day, and it was fun to see all the antique tractors on display. We didn't have "big green tractors" on our farm; we were an "International Harvester" family. (Love that song, too!)