Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 27, 2010

Last Day of Farmers on Summer Vacation

This is the last vacation post.....I promise you.  I bet you've been wondering where we were on vacation. 

What?

No?

Well, I can't tell you anyway.  It's a secret.  All I can tell you is that we were in the middle of a forest somewhere in northern, CA.  A friend's private family vacation cabin....actually, cabins. 


On our trip we had a whole lot of food time.


Lots of silly time.









Beach time everyday, along the lazy river nearby.





Can't go camping without smore time.


Double-fisted smore time.


Bryce just wanted to burn things.

 





Lots of Daddy time. 

 

Water fight time.


Pal time.


More food.  Frying bacon for breakfast every morning, Bryce was the first in line everyday.


This was the cabin Dominic and I slept in.  The windows were just screens so it felt as though we were sleeping outside.  It got down to the 40's every night....I need a warmer sleeping bag.


The view out the back window of our cabin.


Redneck Lounge....we will miss you.


Gigantic Redwoods.


I'm not sure what these are, but I loved them.

Our last day, Bryce got control of the camera for a while.  Until next time.





















Happy Tuesday! Pin It

5 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Wow- that looks like such a fun vacay-

The cabin is amazing- Looks like a really great escape in the forest.

That stone fire pit is pretty great too!

It is palpable how the whole place was put together so lovingly.

Stacey said...

Really nice pics. What a great vacation!

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy, looks like fun, love the cabins!

Katie said...

I have loved your vacation posts. Our family goes on similar vacations but on the prairie instead of beautiful northern CA.

maryelizabethroche said...

Looks like so much fun!
Summer vacation always meant some sort of cabin to me.
I miss those summers with my kiddies...guess I'll have to wait for the grand-kiddies!

M.E.