Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 29, 2010

Day trip to San Francisco

As you know from yesterday's post, my cousin is visiting from out of town.  Another day trip I planned for his visit was a Union Square day in San Francisco.  The Golden Gate Bridge is only 25 minutes from my driveway, although, I only drive into the city on occasion; for shopping trips or for a 49er game.
Any excuse to go drive into the city is great with me!

I pretty much plan that any day I go into the city, it's going to be overcast.  And as you can see, at 9:45 in the a.m., it was.  Always a good idea to dress in layers.

I definitely felt like a tourist on this trip as I was driving over the bridge, hanging my camera out the window hoping for a decent shot of one of the towers.


I was happy to see it was really busy in the city.  Lots of shoppers out there.



Cousin Victor standing outside of the H & M store with the DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) and Nordstrom in the background.   Heaven!


I was totally excited that the sun made an appearance!


Beautiful St. Brigid Church on Van Ness St.



Heading back to the Golden Gate after shopping.


 


We spotted this vehicle as we were driving out and I'm sure it was making a bee line straight to Haight-Ashbury district. 
 
North bound towards Sausalito for lunch!




We decided on eating at Scoma's, which has great seafood and sits right on the water.




First thing's first....a glass of Sonoma Cutrer Chardonnay.  I'm usually a red wine girl (old vine Zin), but for some reason chardonnay sounded really good on this afternoon......and I love Sonoma Cutrer! It's worth the $12 per glass that you pay at a restaurant.


I didn't have any bread and butter before lunch.....I wanted to save all the room in my tummy for......




Yellow Jack Tuna fish tacos!  Delightful!



Here's the awesome Ahi Tuna sandwich Victor ate.  It came with a side of potato salad and ginger.  He said it was delicious!


What a great day and a great visit! And thank you Victor for treating me to a birthday lunch :)




Happy Thursday!











Pin It

6 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

First off, Happy Birthday!

Second, Scoma's is our number one restaurant in the city. We have eaten there many times! And hope to be there again in about a month...

Pat Tillett said...

oh yeah....

Third, great post! Nice photos and narratives!

maryelizabethroche said...

It's fun to be a tourist in your own state!
I still take pictures of downtown Chicago {although my kids roll their eyes}

M.E.

Tina said...

That looks like so much fun! I have never been to Cali and am dying to go one day.

Bending Birches said...

looks like a great trip...I esp. love the hippie van:) have a great weekend!

Your best advice said...

looks like you are all having a great trip