Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 19, 2012

TT w/Linky: Colors of Autumn

Autumn is my favorite season of the year.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when the days are warm, the waning light and the colors are a vibrant red-orange and golden.  I snapped these pics last year of our one and only Japanese Maple tree and I'm just waiting for the day it's once again this vibrant color....hopefully soon.


















In the days ahead my thoughts will turn to fall baking, the smell of cinnamon, the harvesting of grapes, apples and pears , football tailgating, pumpkin spice lattes, and maybe some wine tasting events coming up.

















What's your favorite season and why?


















Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 
Pin It

3 comments:

Dar said...

I like all 4 seasons for their own reasons, but my favorite is the fall. The colors amaze me, the cool, crisp days when we can easily breathe, watching the deer in the field each evening and of course, the smells. The smell of wet fallen leaves is a true reminder that the weather has changed. The first wood fire feels great. OK, I'm getting carried away. Oh, and the smell of pumpkin and your ice cream recipe sounds wonderful.
BlessYa

Unknown said...

Our fall colors will not be very bright in the Ozarks this year. For it was way too dry for way too long, and the rain we have been getting lately will not help much. Although, it is still greatly appreciated, of course.

Anonymous said...

Your fall pictures are just stunning! We are just starting to get some color, but I don't know how beautiful it will be with the drought. I do think fall is my favorite (except for the allergies).