Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 17, 2011

San Francisco Vintners Market, Take Two

We found out there is something for almost everyone at the San Francisco Vintners Market yesterday.  If you're in need of a break from drinking the wines of almost 200 Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino county vineyards, Cougar Juice might be an option for you.

Yep, you read that right, Cougar Juice.  It's vodka.  It's new and here I am with some Cougar........cubs?

We also ran into fellow dairy farmers / wine makers, Domenic and Lynda Carinalli, of D & L Carinalli Vineyards, who were displaying their wine at the event. 















Roadhouse Winery was one of our favorite stops.  They have some beautiful reds and a dessert wine for chocolate lovers that is SO good, we bought two bottles.  I think I'll pour mine over a bowl filled with vanilla ice cream, YUM!
 














The thing about tasting wine in a pavilion is, there's only a few steps between wineries, you really have to pace yourself.  I paced, Dominic continued.















After an hour or so of tasting, we were craving some food.
















Just outside the entrance, we found some snacks from the food trucks parked there.  We opted for Filipino Cuisine.
















After finding another wine to taste, cupcakes were next on the list.  Mine was pumpkin with cream cheese frosting and Dominic's, classic chocolate.


















A few more tastings before the afternoon ended. 
















Then a nice, refreshing walk outside before we headed to dinner.

My goal in coming to the S.F. Vintners Market is to scope out local wineries that I may not have heard about because they are small in size.  Most of the wineries do have tasting rooms at their wineries, some open all week and some by appointment only. 
My vineyard visiting list is forming:


Disclosure:

S.F. Vintners Market did provide me with tickets to attend the event but the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yup, wine, vodka and cupcakes. i'd have been leaning over that pier - either falling in or throwing up! :)

Michelle said...

Cougar juice....lol! The wine tasting looks like a lot of fun!

cathy@home said...

cougar juice whatever next

Prairie Rose said...

Wow!
Rather overwhelming.
So much yummy-ness everywhere you look:)
Cougar Juice??? Hmm, interesting....

An Authentic Life said...

Your photos make me miss "home!" And I LOVE the cougar juice photo!!
Ha! Still rockin' it Miss Hottie!!

Farmchick said...

Looks like a lot of fun, for sure! Come join in my new recipe swap I started today!!

Suz and Allan said...

I'm still laughing about the Cougar Juice! A two week trip to CA just to tour wineries is on my dream travel sheet and now you've given me some great places to visit!