Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 7, 2011

BOTW: Hot Buttered Rum {recipe}

It's the time of year where there is a definite chill in the air, where we dust off our fireplace/wood stove, get cozy on the couch, light a few candles, and maybe watch a movie after the kiddos are in bed for the night.

Here in northern California, we've had our first rain storm of the season and for me that brings a craving; something hot, sweet and spiked, all with my all time favorite autumn scent of cinnamon.

Hot Buttered Rum

Have you had any yet?

"Best of the Web" recipe for the week is courtesy Williams Sonoma.



















Ingredients:
3 Tbs. firmly packed brown sugar

1 1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves {or just replace the last three ingredients with that pumpkin pie spice you made last week}
3/4 cup rum {if you're not a rum fan, try brandy.  Korbel is my favorite}
2 cups boiling water
4 cinnamon sticks

Directions:
In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Distribute evenly among 4 warmed mugs. Add 3 Tbs. rum to each mug, then fill with the boiling water, stirring well. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.

Serves 4.

Cheers!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

TnTConnect said...

MMMM, the recipe looks very good. I believe that living in Wisconsin entitles me to warm, sweet things...don't you think?

Michelle said...

Nice! Something I would enjoy very much.

jules said...

Oh my oh my that sounds delicious!

Miriam @ Sometimes I Veg said...

Looks delicious, I've never been a fan of rum on it's own.

kristik said...

Gosh sounds like heaven.

dairygran said...

Finally some rain and cool weather in okla. This would be perfect way to celebrate, we have only had about 7 inches of rain since last Oct. Very serious drought for farmers, dairyman.