Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 16, 2010

Top Ten Food Trends of the Decade

I love lists, don't you?  I like coming up with them and I like reading other people's.  Another thing I absolutely love is FOOD. 

I love eating it.
I love smelling it.
I love cooking it.
I love photographing it.
I love growing it. {when I can get my garden to produce}

Here is the Food Channel's top ten food trends of the decade {2000 through 2009}.























My Whole Foods lunch~Cucumber and Avocado Roll

* Sushi
* Bacon
* Cupcakes
* Sliders
* Gourmet burgers made with Kobe or Angus beef
* Superfruits such as acai, pomegranate and blueberry
* Oils, such as olive oils and truffle oils
* Whole grains, such as Kashi, polenta, risotto
* Artisan foods, particularly in breads, cheeses and dark chocolates
* Coffees, teas

I must say, a few of my favorites are on this list, is your favorite?
I wonder what the current decade will trend?

Last night at 10:15 p.m. before I went to bed, I ate a little bitty scoop of Nutella.....oh so good!  That's my pick for this decade's top 10 trend list.  What do you think?  It does go nicely with an ice cold glass of milk:)

Here's a great recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Here's a recipe you can modify with Nutella ....Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwich.


Nutella photos on this page are from Google image {but I wish I had taken the squirrel one}


Happy Thursday! Pin It
Post a Comment