Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 19, 2011

TT: It Happened.

It happened sooner than I thought it would.  I knew it was coming.  It was inevitable, really.  At age five, my girly girl farm girl officially turned Tom Boy.

Yes she did.
















She caught her very first lizard.  She was SO very proud, she marched right into the house with it to show me. 















After calming down, I ushered her and her new friend quickly back outside where I was able to snap some photos. 















After the photo session, a serious and deep discussion ensued and it went something like this:

P:  "It can live in my room"

Me:  "No it can't, lizards like to live in nature"

P:  "I'll bring leaves and sticks in for it"

Me:  "It's not allowed in the house, ever"

P:  "But Chloe needs a friend!"

Me:  "Chloe will eat it"

The conversation went on for another two minutes with much pleading and begging but after telling Paige baby lizard wanted to be outside near its mother, she was satisfied....finally.

So today I'm thankful for my little farm girl turning Tom Boy all while wearing zebra print, turquoise and sequins within the same outfit.  Best of both worlds, right?!

What are you thankful for this week?  Feel free to link up for Thankful Thursday or just leave a comment if you'd like!







Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

too cute! yup, she was still pretty prissed out with her outfit so i think you're still okay!

Michelle said...

LOL! Too cute!

Crystal Cattle said...

So cute! And yes she may have a little tomboy in her, but her outfit is so cute!
www.crystalcattle.com

cathy@home said...

Tom boy chic

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

I love that she was rockin' out the sequins while holding a lizard, haha.