Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 13, 2011

Spaghetti Squash your family will LOVE {recipe}

Feeding my two kids dinner can sometimes be a challenge, I have a pasta lover; Paige and one who dislikes it completely; Bryce.  Bryce likes almost all veggies and he's definitely a meat lover, so I crossed my fingers and hoped that this Spaghetti Squash would please both of the kiddos.

And you know what?  It did!

We didn't talk too much about it at the dinner table, I think Paige thought it was regular spaghetti.  But Farm Boy needs to know what's on the dinner menu by 3 p.m. on a daily basis, so when I told him we were having something that looks like spaghetti but wasn't pasta, he looked at me with a sceptical eye but didn't give me too much grief, thankfully. 

You can find Spaghetti Squash in your local grocery store right now, here's what it looks like if you haven't seen one before......















Here's what you do with it......cut it in half, lengthwise and remove seeds.

Place face down in a baking dish and add 3/4 cup of water.















Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until tender. 















Now for the fun part!  Scrape the inside with a fork and you end up with a shredded pile of spaghetti squash.
I serve mine with a meat sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. SO good!


















A perfect one dish meal; veggies and meat all in one!

And if you forget these directions, the label stuck on the spaghetti squash gives you three different variations; baking, microwave and boil.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

7 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Funny story. When Pierce was about 9 months old I made spaghetti squash and he ate a ton of it. The next day my mom was watching him. And he had a diaper. And she totally thought he had worms. LOL!

Pat Tillett said...

It looks really good to me! I know I like it...

Anonymous said...

I love spaghetti squash but my husband doesn't. I still make it ;)

Farmchick said...

Thanks for joining in on my recipe swap. We love spaghetti squash...I grow it every year in my garden. :)

gtyyup said...

Looks and sounds tasty...and easy...gotta love that!

Kim said...

This definitely looks like a good way to "sneak" some veggies into a family meal.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

I have never had a spaghetti squash but bought one the other day. Now I know what to do with it, this looks delish!