Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 29, 2010

Wicked Wednesday

Remember my Ikea shopping spree and my lunch at Chevy's last week when I took FULL advantage of having both my kids in school until 2:20 and 2:45 every Wednesday?  Well, I think Wednesdays will be named Wicked Wednesdays from now on.  Look what I did!  I had to run to the post office right after drop off and conveniently located next door, is a donut shop and this maple nugget was calling my name all the way from the parking lot. 

I really should not leave the house in the morning before eating breakfast.  I arrived home this morning at 6:45 a.m. from my boot camp class, checked email, showered, gave the kids breakfast, made both of them lunches to bring to school, took Chloe out - twice.  No time for breakfast.  But this needs to change.

Because this type of behavior needs to STOP!  Boot camp class or not.


Maple donuts have always been my very favorite,  the old fashioned or the maple bars - either one will do!















I could not eat the entire thing because I was getting a tummy ache. 















I was able to finish my whole milk, pumpkin spice Misto from Starbucks however.















Another thing to add to my favorite things of fall: Pumpkin Spice Misto with whole milk from Starbucks.  The best. 















Back at the house today, even with our 90-100 degree heat we're still enduring, things were looking a little more like winter.














Three huge stacks of firewood that equal 4-5 cords were split and stacked up to the side of our garage over the past two days. 










But not by me......or Dominic. 
This is the firewood that came from the poor old oak tree that split open last February.


We're off to a fun restaurant this evening for a fundraiser benefiting Bryce's school.  Until tomorrow!

Thank you for listening to my Wednesday confession :)  Did you do anything wicked today?

Happy Wicked Wednesday!
Pin It

7 comments:

An Authentic Life said...

Maple is my favorite!

The Dairy Mom said...

Good for you! You deserve a treat.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

wow- you really love sweet things-

Truth be told I would never consider eating a donut- the thought alone is giving me a tummyache.

Coffee looks yummy- now I'm wondering if IT'S too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I really like chocolate donuts, but I want a maple one Right Now!!!!! Deb

Jessica Johnson said...

Maple bars/donuts are my favorite too! I always feel like I have a brick in my stomach after eating one but it's so worth it! By the way, I LOVE your blog and look forward to reading it every morning. :)

blackbookkitchendiaries said...

seeing that maple donut really makes me happy! im glad i stumble on your blog! i love it.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes I did do something wicked - I had a bacon and brie toasted sandwich for my lunch. (But only a fruit salad for tea to make up for it).