Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 24, 2010

Chevy's By the Bay

I forgot to mention to you yesterday, that after my Ikea shopping trip, I visited Chevy's on the bay for lunch.  Obviously I was taking FULL advantage of not having my kids with me for most of the day.  This Chevy's is located about 1/2 mile from Ikea and sits right at the edge of the bay in Emeryville with a beautiful view of San Francisco.

I asked to sit out on their deck even though it was a bit chilly in the shade outside, but I didn't want to look like too much of a freak as I sometimes do when I have my camera with me.  Eating lunch all alone is always fine with me {I'd rather have company}, it's just the combination of eating alone and photographing my food and drink that I was worried about....what kind of freak does that?!  I figured I was safe outside.

Chevy's has the best salsa!




The view from my table.



Raspberry iced tea {although I couldn't taste any raspberry}.

Little did I know this guy would shortly become my lunch companion.

This is a public dock that is accessible right from Chevy's deck.

My new friend made a few fly-bys as soon as he spotted my chips.

I'll share my chips after I eat if you don't poop on me.

Landed.

Now I know why these spike - like metal strips are attached to every overhang.

I ordered the tostada chicken salad with apple chipotle vinaigrette on the side.  The guacamole that was supposed to come with it was MIA!  Oh well, I didn't need the extra calories.

My friendly waiter brought me an additional dressing to try and I'm so glad he did because I liked the salsa vinaigrette so much!  I will definitely order it again.















My friend became very brave, he moved to the next table over from me.  Maybe he sensed I was almost finished with lunch?


I don't ever eat the tostada shell from my taco salads and when the waiter came out I mentioned that my friend was hungry, and he proceeded to toss the shell over the railing, down to the water for him.  This made my friend and his buddies VERY happy.  The shell was gone in less than 30 seconds.  No wonder the seagulls hang out at Chevy's




Oh, by the way, when I got up to leave, while walking through the restaurant I looked back for one last look of the view and noticed my outdoor table was in perfect view of almost every customer from within the restaurant.  That's what I get for trying to be sly. 

Happy Friday!  Cheers!
Pin It

1 comment:

susan said...

Really fun to read and great pictures to enjoy! Thanks