Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 22, 2010

Healthy Cooking Group Night

Last night was the kick off to our Healthy Cooking Club meeting season.  This is a group within the Mother's Club that I belong to.  It meets once a month at alternating homes of people within the group between the months of September to May. 

The first meeting is the traditional cocktail party with healthy appetizers.  The choice of cocktails were between traditional margaritas, sex on the beach and of course wine.  Sex on the Beach was my cocktail of choice last night.  I had one and it was very refreshing.


Baked Brie with whole grain crackers.  I brought my Greek Inspired Orzo Salad to share, which you can see in the cream colored bowl in the background.



Imitation crab dip served upon artichoke leaves....SO good!

Frittata dish that also went really well as an appetizer.

Oh and these tasty little morsels were to die for!  Stuffed Mushrooms.  I could have eaten the entire plate.

It's always fun to get together without kids in tow and catch up on all sorts of things.

Gouda cheese platter and grapes.



This not so healthy, butter coffee cake was also really tasty!

A fun evening for everyone!

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It

1 comment:

An Authentic Life said...

what a super idea! I love it Nancy...but where were you? I know, behind the camera...