Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 6, 2013

TT w/Linky: Smokin' Pig at the Crab Feed

This past weekend, Dominic and I were given tickets to attend the Mother of all crab feeds.  Sonoma County Farm Bureau's Crab Feed and fundraiser.  A whopping 1,300 people attend this huge event.  That's a whole lotta crab to crack.  This was our first time attending and I was totally awestruck by how organized and the scale of it all.

There's a lot going on at this crab feed.  Walking into the Grace Pavilion at the Sonoma County Fair Grounds, which is a gigantic room, we were completely overwhelmed with tables upon tables of local wineries pouring their 'juice', more booths of all types of yummy food.  My favorite was this smoked pig by Barbecue Smokehouse Bistro from Sebastopol. So tender and juicy.





Along with the food and wine, were rows of silent auction items to bid on along with some raffle items.  Something for everyone, for sure.



















Surprise, surprise....we ran into our friend Mendy, her mom and friend... all decked out in Niner gear {this was Saturday....pre - Super Bowl}.



















All the wine 'sampling' and food tasting is included with price of admission.  A favorite wine...Truett-Hurst.  Yum yum!



















And if all that isn't enough to fill you up, you then sit down to dinner.  Crab is one of my favorite foods.  I love that you have to dig for it and it's so, so good on salad with a slice of buttered french bread.  I was in heaven!  I just wish they allowed doggy bags.


















This 'Thankful Thursday' I am completely thankful for crab season.  I prefer crab over lobster any day of the week......Which do you prefer??

Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about advertise. Regards

Here is my web-site :: foods low in carbs
Also see my website :: paleodiƤt