Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 13, 2013

TT w/Linky: Hawaiian Chicken ~ Baked or Crock Pot Style

My kids LOVE Hawaiian pizza, so I figured they would easily go for some Hawaiian Chicken with out too much of a fuss.  My kids aren't THAT picky of eaters but when ever I try something new, I know I'll get the "look"....especially from Paige, the six year old....and the dinner battle ensues.   Soooo, after bribing them by dangling a glass of Chocolate Yogurt Mousse in front of their disappointed little faces when announcing Hawaiian Chicken was for dinner last night, they became extremely enthusiastic to eat the Hawaiian Chicken.

The bribery worked....this time.  They cleaned their entire plate, even the brown rice that was hidden underneath.  But they truly DID enjoy their meal.  I'll be doing this one again.


















Here's what you need......plus salt {entire recipe below}

















Mix the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, crushed pineapple and brown sugar together.



Salt and pepper {if you wish} the chicken breasts and thighs and place in to a baking dish.  I used my Dutch oven......or you could totally prepare this in a Crock Pot as well.  Pour the mixed ingredients over the top of the chicken.  




Bake at 350 degrees, add pineapple chunks, bake some more.




Serve over your favorite rice.  I used brown rice.  Really good and I think there's some left over today for lunch!




Hawaiian Chicken

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and or thighs
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple chunks...your choice on size

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together except the pineapple chunks.

Salt and pepper the chicken, place in a baking dish and pour the mixture over the chicken.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  For the last 20 minutes of cooking time, add the pineapple chunks, without juice.  Cook the remaining 20 minutes.

Serve over rice.

If you go the Crock Pot route, cook for 4-6 hours.




Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Dar said...

Thank You, Thank You...I've been having 'chefs-block ' and this will cure it. I'm making this over the weekend when the house will be busy. It sounds wonderful and if kids clean their plates, well, that's a bonus.
Thanks and
BlessYa

The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Hi Dar, so glad this looks good to you! Let me know how you like it! Have a great evening :) ~nancy