The combination of sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and pasta are right up there at the top of my favorite flavor combinations. I love the sweetness of the sundried tomatoes and when combined with pasta, salad or a warmed dish, they're just the best.
This week's 'Best of the Web' belongs to Whole Food's recipe for Spinach Fettuccine with Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes. So simple to make. An elegant dish and goes perfect with a glass of red wine on a Friday night.....what do you think?!
photo and recipe courtesy Whole Foods
Spinach Fettuccine with Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium artichokes, trimmed and hearts sliced, or 1 (4-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach fettuccine, cooked until tender, drained (1/4 cup pasta water reserved)
- 6 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender. Add artichokes, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook until artichokes are tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add wine and simmer until just thickened. Stir in reserved 1/4 cup pasta water, tomatoes and thyme then add pasta, salt and pepper and toss well. Transfer pasta to bowls, garnish with cheese and serve.
Per Serving:370 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 14g protein