Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 7, 2012

You Know You're a Redneck...

You know you're a redneck when, on Super Bowl Sunday you ask a few of your guests to help you replace the snapped rope on the flag pole....from a ladder in a tractor bucket fully extended to reach 25 feet in the air.


I know some of you have seen a similar scenario here before, but here we are again.
It had to be done.  We needed more help because attempt number one the day before, wind issues prevented success.

And I'm always grateful to have someone other than myself lift and lower the tractor bucket carrying my husband......I've been known to be a little jerky with the controls at times...






















The flag was raised and flying high by noon.




Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yikes! glad it all worked!

ann said...

Why do farmers take chances like that very dangerous. About as bad as going up on top of the grain bin'!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nancy: I look at this and laugh, because I can just imagine what would happen if my Grandfather had been controlling the bucket of this tractor (if you see my Dad or my Uncle Dom, they can attest to Gramps tractor skills)! LOL

Sunnie said...

we just bought a farm and the flag pole needs to be painted, my husband has a bobcat so we are going to have to do the same thing. I dont want to be the one in the tractor either! Good job, it looks great.

Unknown said...

I have seen this maneuver too many times! So glad that you had a ladder spotter in the bucket, one I have not seen before. So glad Old Glory is where she should be, and the brave hearts are safely on the ground.

Anonymous said...

Looks fun! Always so pretty to see that red, white, and blue flying high on the farm. :) I got the privelege of helping my father-in-law with his a few weeks ago.