Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 17, 2010

Top Ten Things I Love About Fall & My Garden Grew!

We've spotted the first signs of fall at our house.  Some of my favorite things of fall are;

* harvesting our vegetable garden
* the changing of the leaves
* the crisp cool air while being sunny at the same time
* the promise of a crackling fire soon to come
* baking
* Halloween
* the pumpkin patch
and I can't forget about
* fall clothes
* shoes 
* boots :)

Here's our corn in our garden.

Our Maple tree is beginning to turn color right outside our front door.

So, I wasn't completely disappointed in how our garden turned out like I thought I was going to be.  Our tomatoes did produce.  Although, I have my doubts that they'll ripen.  Stay tuned.
I wonder if it's too late in the season for green to turn red?


Lemon cucumbers are plentiful.  Bryce eats these right out of the garden, skin and all {after washing}.



Summer squash is late but looking good.

With more to come.

And this BIG BOY was hiding out!  More on what I made with him later.
















What are your favorite things of fall?

Happy Friday!  Cheers! Pin It

3 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I'm in the southern costal end of the state, so the ONLY difference we see going into fall is cooler temps. The palm trees don't change colors...LOL
great photos Nancy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Nancy, I love fall:)

The Wife said...

Well you know how I feel about Fall. Love it! I'm patiently waiting for it in Texas.