Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 18, 2010

Big Boy Zucchini from the Garden

Remember this Big Boy that was hiding out in my garden from yesterday's post?  How do zucchini grow so fast and furious?  I typically pick them when they're about 10 times smaller than what you see here because I think they taste better that way, but this one didn't turn out half bad!  Plus one this size is going to get me through at least four dinners.  I love zucchini and could eat it every night as part of my dinner meal.
Not to mention all the other yummy things you can make and bake with them.



So, I chopped up about 1/4 of this guy into big chunks.  I've found when I leave the seedy part of a zucchini of this size in tact,  it makes for a soggy zucchini saute, so I just cut it away.

I also chopped up one medium onion and added it to a skillet with the zucchini, olive oil and Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.  Saute for about 20 minutes on medium-high heat.

To go with the zucchini, I breaded some boneless chicken breasts and thighs, browned them on both sides and stuck them in the oven for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees.


Chicken, zucchini and multi whole grain garlic bread was what we had for dinner.

What do you like to make with zucchini?

Happy Saturday!
Pin It

3 comments:

Jun Belen said...

Oh my! That's a big boy!! I make zucchinis this way, too. Sauteed with olive oil and butter and just salt and pepper. Simple yet so delicious!

Happy Saturday to you, too!

Jun

{oc cottage} said...

Zucchini bread! Yum!


m ^..^

Tove in the Greek village said...

Your recipe looks really yummy!
I live in Greece and we have had loads of zucchini in our vegetable garden this summer. This summer favorite has been to grill it - I slice it lenght wise and brush it with olive oil and cumin. Nice on the side to grilled meat or even as a starter. My family also love zucchini fritters - see the recipe here: http://www.my-greek-recipes.com/zucchini-fritters.html