Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 23, 2010

Lunch Date

Yesterday, Dominic had a few hours off to go to our dreaded tax appointment. After the appointment, we had a little free time before picking Paige up from preschool at 11:45. We decided to grab a bite for lunch. I'm usually so hungry for lunch by 11 a.m. every day, I just can't seem to wait until 12 noon. We decided on Mi Pueblo. Dominic ordered Chicken Enchiladas with beans, rice and salad.......
I ordered a Chicken Taco Salad with shredded chicken, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.........
It was such a nice, sunny day that we took advantage of that fact and ate outside.....
I had eaten two bites and looked up to ask Dominic how his dish was, and this is what I saw.......
I guess it was delicious, it was gone in less than five minutes! I shared the rest of mine. Something about beans that are so filling. Maybe I'll be able to drag Dominic away from the ranch for a lunch date once or twice a month. It's nice to enjoy a meal once in while without two chatty kids monopolizing the entire conversation and no babysitter needed during school time! We then headed over to preschool to pick up Paige. She was happy to find Chloe in the car waiting for her......

In the afternoon, the kids and I took a walk down to one of the pastures. This pasture holds a few of the manure ponds that contain the liquid (the cleaner of the ponds). Geese find this a wonderful spot to live. They travel back and forth from our ranch to the lake across the street on a regular basis.

A flock of geese to the side of the calf barn (some of our beef cows in the distance)........

Today we are back to our winter, wet weather. The sun was enjoyable while it lasted..... Happy Tuesday!

Pin It

3 comments:

KelleyPowell said...

Such beautiful picutres! Glad you were able to have a lunch date with hubby. :)

Kathleen von Raesfeld said...

I picked up my nephew from school and drove him back to the ranch in Point Reyes, we waved as we passed the ranch. So glad you had a great lunch date! Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!! Beautiful. Was sunny for such a short time.... waiting for the sun to come again soon :) Deb