Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 28, 2010

Good Food, Good Wine & Good Friends ~ Rigatoni & Tri tip

Last night we had some good friends over for dinner. I decided to make some rigatoni because it can be prepared in advance and just put in the oven to bake when guests arrive, leaving more time to visit with your guests. So simple to prepare. Salt the water.....

Bring to a boil..... Add 1/2 pound rigatoni (I normally use 100% Whole Wheat but I couldn't find it at the grocery store this time around) boil according to package..... Brown one pound of Natural Beef and drain fat (I usually add an onion to this as well, but not this time)...... Add pasta sauce to heat through...... Okay, I didn't make the sauce..... Begin your layers - meat sauce....... Rigatoni..... Low-fat Mozzarella cheese...... Meat sauce and repeat all over, top with some Parmesan cheese...... When you're ready to eat, place in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.....Finished

YUM! Went very well with barbecued Tri tip, SO GOOD..... And Seghesio Cabernet ~ Thanks Brian & Teri!....... And dessert from Sift Cupcakery ~ Thanks again Brian & Teri!.... Red Velvet and Snickerdoodle = HEAVENLY (the four kids shared the chocolate ones and were gone in about a 1/2 second)..... My favorite.... Leftover Snickerdoodle (mmmm, breakfast)... A gift from our gracious guests..... We'll be having left overs tonight. What are you having?? Happy Sunday!

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Everything sounds great!! Deb

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this blog of yours SO MUCH Nancy! It's wonderful to see all your talents....I know how I always tell you of how proud of your 'hubby', Dominic, I am...but...do you know just how proud of YOU I am? You are a gracious young woman who in my mind is the perfect role model for young women!! Cheers!!
Clairette Wilson

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Deb, it WAS good! We just finished left overs - just as good!

Clairette! Thank you so much for the HUGE compliment! Glad you like the blog! Cheers to you too!

~nancy

An Authentic Life said...

Hey, wine goes with EVERYTHING I WEAR, too!!! Love that!!