A FOOD LOVERS GUIDE TO SUNSET’S CELEBRATION WEEKEND MAY 31st and JUNE 1st, Menlo Park
From Celebrity Chefs and Wine Seminars to a Fermentation Bar, Celebration Weekend Highlights What’s “Next in the West” in Food
I was able to attend this event two years ago and it was fabulous. I can't wait to see, sip and taste my way through this year! Hope to see you there!
One of the biggest draws to Celebration Weekend is the cooking stage, which hosts some of the biggest culinary talent in the West. This year’s headliners includes renowned Italian chef, author, television personality and restaurateur Fabio Viviani. Other well-known food personalities include:
- KGO radio host and host of TV’s Food Rush, Ryan Scott;
- Waylynn Lucas, pastry chef, co-owner of LA’s Fonuts bakery; star of Bravo’s Eat Drink Love; and host of CNBC’s Restaurant Kickstart
- Top Chef Master, James Beard Award finalist, author and public speaker Suvir Saran, and;
- Sunset Food Editors Margo True and Elaine Johnson
At Sunset Celebration Weekend 2014: Next in the West there are many activities and exhibits perfect for the whole family.
Some of the fun family activities you will find at Celebration Weekend include:
· Highlighted Family AttractionsKid Zones: Located throughout the Sunset campus, kids will have the opportunity to participate in fun activities including wall climbing and stiltwalking. Don’t forget to stop by the Indiana Jones Kids’ Zone for a fun adventure!
· Tasty Treats: Sunset will host the Bay Area’s most popular food trucks at Celebration Weekend, including El Sur, Kettle Korner, Ultra Crepes, Sonoma Teriyaki and more.
· Sunset’s “Small Space, Big Dreams” Garden Exhibit: This year is all about being small and mighty! Visit the five smart and stylish gardens that have transformed compact backyards into extraordinary outdoor living spaces.
· Sunset Music Stage: The entire family will enjoy the live music playing throughout the weekend.
· Paint-a-Pot: Guests can paint and decorate their own terracotta garden pot for a colorful addition to your own home garden—or a great gift for father’s day, just a couple of weeks away.
A peek at last year's event.....