Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 1, 2012

TT w/Linky: Avila Beach, Cousins & BlogHer12

On our recent trip to San Luis Obispo, we were able to hit the beach, Avila Beach, a favorite for us.  It was foggy when we arrived but by 11 a.m., the fog had burned off and it was a warm 68-70 degrees.

On this 'Thankful Thursday' I am thankful that my sister-in-law packs surongs in her beach bag because for some crazy reasoning, we thought we would just head to Avila for a 'walk' on the beach and didn't bring swim clothes for the kids OR a change of clothes....what were we thinking?!

As soon as we stepped foot on the beach, the kids made a bee-line for the water.  Clothing completely soaked within minutes.  But that's okay.




















I'm also thankful for the smiles that were on plastered on the kid's faces the entire time at the beach.  Almost nothing better.

















Avila Beach would put a smile on anyone's face, I'm sure of it.














As you are reading this, I am either on my way or have arrived in NYC for the BlogHer12 conference.  Not sure if I will posting on the blog the rest of this week, but if you're interested in keeping up with me and my crazy country girlfriends from around the nation while we're in NYC, you can follow me on my Twitter account, which will be lit up all weekend or on my Facebook page.

I'm thrilled and thankful to be able to attend BlogHer12 this year and hear..........

Speakers at the conference include:
President Obama via live video - Thursday 4:30 eastern time
Katie Couric - Key note speaker
and Martha Stewart - Key note speaker

stay tuned!




Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Have a great time at BlogHer 12, Nancy!

OneMommy said...

Oh, I wish we could go back to the beach this year! They sure look happy!

Hope you link up this week! http://theresjustonemommy.com/?p=3744

The Coolidges said...

Love Avila!! We went their for our 1 year anniversary trip this year. Not nearly as many people. That beach looks packed, but still a great place!!

Winnie said...

I hope you enjoyed your visit to NYC! I enjoyed meeting you at the McD's breakfast. I am a NY'er and am removed from your community's life but am interested in supporting it. I was glad to hear a bit about the hardships facing your community. As a city woman, I hear bits here and there on the news, but the feeling your group shared that morning made an impression. Without your families, we would not be able to feed this great nation. Thank you. I hope the conference was a great one for you. It sure opened my eyes on a lot of issues nationally and globally.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Hi Winnie! Thank you for coming over and introducing yourself to us after the breakfast, it was wonderful to meet you! Thank you for your support and kind words, we certainly appreciate it and am so glad we've connected!

I hope your visit to the city was a good one as well. Looking forward to talking in the future :) ~Nancy