Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 20, 2012

Bakin' Bacon

I was chatting with a friend recently about a hot topic.  Bacon.  I love it, eat it and make it almost every day for breakfast or some other recipe that I search out requiring bacon.  What I don't like about it, is frying it.  Sorta messes up my kitchen with all that splattering.


















My friend, Leah bakes hers.  MUCH easier.  Just line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on top of that and lay out the slices of bacon.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or to desired crispness.


















I like mine crispy, Bryce likes his tender.




How do you like yours?



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOVE baking bacon!! I did learn a valuable lesson though this year. Do not use a cookie sheet, use a 9x13 pan. At Easter I pulled the pan out of the oven and it "popped" and the grease landed on my foot....worse pain than childbirth. Ended up with a huge blister on the top of my foot. Could only wear single strap sandals for over 2 months. Just a little FYI, would hate to have someone else go through that :)

Suz and Allan said...

I love reallly crispy bacon!

Anonymous said...

I tried the 10 min @ 400 and found it not at all done! How long did you leave it in for 'crispy'?
Much easier than frying for sure!!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

For crispy bacon, it's at least 15 minutes or even a little longer...I just keep checking after 15 :)

angsamp said...

I started doing this a couple months ago and it's such a great idea!

Aimee @ everydayepistle.com said...

We bake our bacon, too! I line a 13" x 9" glass casserole dish with foil and bake the bacon strips on it. The only problem is I have to drain the fat off the bacon on paper towels before we eat it. I love the easy cleanup though. And I love the bacon!

Karen Taylor said...

I love this way of cooking bacon, as I too dislike the mess it leaves on top of a stove. I do flip mine half way through to make it bake more evenly, and only use this method in a self cleaning oven!!!