If Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday....mostly because it has everything to do with eating and drinking, then Cinco De Mayo comes in as a close second..... Mexican food and margaritas. What can be better if you're a Mexican food lover like myself?!
As promised, 'Best of the Web' for this week is inspired by the upcoming Cinco De Mayo party day.....
Shredded Chicken and Corn Tostadas via Betty Crocker
- 8 flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- 1 can (11 oz) Mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa (any variety)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
photo and recipe courtesy Betty Crocker
- Heat oven to 375°F. On ungreased cookie sheets, bake tortillas 7 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir together corn, chicken and salsa. Cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
- In small bowl, stir sour cream and milk until thin enough to drizzle. Top tortillas with lettuce and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with green onions.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!