Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

December 26, 2010

My Over Indulgence at Christmas and A Green & Black's Chocolate Winner=The Wife!

A lot has happened this busy weekend so I'll share some of the highlights with you.  The weekend began with Christmas Eve dinner, here on the ranch at my in-law's home.  Fifteen of us in all.  First came the food.













Then came presents.













Some drinks in between it all.













And finally, dessert.













Everyone was tuckered out, including new little puppy, Sheba........

Only to begin all over again on Christmas day.  We spent the majority of our day, relaxing at home, playing with new toys. Dominic was in and out of the house, as he went out to feed the dairy cows on a stormy day.

By 4 o'clock in the afternoon, the kids and I headed to my sister and brother-in-law's house for Christmas dinner.  Dominic drove up a little later after he finished working at the ranch and made it just in time for dinner.













Another party dress for Paige to wear, Bryce with his red Christmas shirt on, once again, excitement was high.



















The food was amazing.  I could NOT stop eating.  My favorite....these marinated, bacon wrapped, jumbo prawns straight from Bodega Bay, that my brother-in-law, Herman BBQ'd.













They also served ham and tri-tip and fresh cracked crab!  So much to choose from!  Enough food for 40 people, although there were only 15 of us.....leftovers are the best, aren't they?!














I had already eaten three of the jumbo prawns before dinner, but decided I wanted more for my dinner.  I made up a seafood platter for myself.  Crab salad, prawns, delicious honey/pecan carrots, asparagus and a pepper/kidney bean salad.  I was stuffed.  I'm still stuffed.



 Bryce was certainly happy eating the tri-tip....the little carnivore that he his.













Cheers to you, Herman.















I did, however, save a little room for dessert.  These are mini cheesecake cupcakes, made by the Cheesecake Factory.  I only had one, but could have easily eaten two or three.
I think it's time for a sugar detox. 

Did you over do it during your holiday celebrations? What was your favorite Christmas indulgence?




The Winner of the Green and Blacks Chocolate giveaway is :

"The Wife" said...

Oh decisions, decisions. Of course I LOVE milk chocolate. I have come to appreciate dark though. Trying to be all healthy and stuff.
Merry Christmas to you and your fam! May 2011 bring you happiness, health and good fortune!!
December 24, 2010 2:23 PM

Congratulations! Now I just need to know your preference on the apron or the shopping bag to go along with your chocolate!
Email me your mailing address and preference: TheWifeOfADairyman {at} gmail {dot} com

Pin It

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is absolutely fascinating to see your food as it is all so very different from what we eat here - those prawns look delicious - wish I could join you for the feast.
I am in alone today as the farmer is out shooting and I am just about to heat up some of the left overs. I wonder why they always taste better the day after. Happy New Year to you all.

The Wife said...

Well your Christmas looked absolutely delicious!! Wow, what food!

And what??? I won!!! Yea me!! I'll send my addy to you right away.