Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 23, 2010

Can't get enough Thin Mints? Guess what I have for you!

Ahh, yes, Spring.....it brings so many wonderful things doesn't it? Another favorite for my family are Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. My very favorite. Can't get enough. I try not to look at this when I eat them.... They go so well with a glass of ice, cold milk.... Seven boxes are normally bought between both Dominic and I. Because they're everywhere! Out in front of the grocery store, the hardware store, the drug store. My niece sells them, our friends sell them. They do freeze well, but do you think any of the boxes make it into our freezer? Not a Chance. If you missed out on purchasing Thin Mints from a Girl Scout....here's a recipe you can try....... Girl Scout Mint Cookies 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix 2 Eggs 2 Tbl. Water 2 Tbl. Cooking Oil 1/2 Cup Cocoa 1 pkg. Chocolate Chips 2-3 drops Wilton's Candy Mint Flavoring Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine cake mix, eggs, water, cooking oil, and cocoa. You will need to blend this together well, this will be a very sticky mess. Let stand for 20 minutes, and then shape into very small 1/2 inch balls. Place these balls on a cookie sheet 2 inches a part, and smash down flat. You will need to spray a large spoon with Pam to make them flat. Bake for about 8 minutes. Let cool until they reach room temperature. Heat chocolate chips in either the microwave, or in a double boiler. When completely melted add a couple drops of the mint flavoring. Be carefull not to add too much, it is a powerfull flavoring. You can either spread the melted chocolate on the cookies, or you can dip the cookies into the chocolate.
Enjoy!
What's your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?
Happy Tuesday!
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do-si-dos:) peanut butter... YUM! Do you know how to make those? I'm down to my last box:(

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

I only have the recipes for the Thin Mints and the Samoas :( I'll do some research to see if I can find the Do-si-dos. Thanks for visiting!