Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 9, 2013

TT w/Linky: Workout Trainer

This morning it was a bone-chilling thirty something degrees....maybe even 29 degrees here in northern CA.  I know that temperature doesn't even register as cold for many of you but it's just too dang cold for me to get my butt out of bed at 5 a.m. to go to boot camp class....where we run outside for a portion of the class.

When my alarm went off this morning, I rolled over and buried my head.

Plan B.

I ran three miles at 9 a.m. in 41 degree weather.  Much better.  Okay, not really but that's what I tell myself anyway.

Workouts are a mandatory part of my life.  If only for the reason that I can come home and eat and drink things like this.......




I know....I'm not proud.....but not ashamed either.

Over the Christmas to New Year holiday my boot camp class cancelled classes so I searched my phone for a workout app that would fill in.  Workout Trainer is what I found.  LOVE it!  I do it on my off days from the gym and it's a great workout.  There are many different workouts to choose from.  I like the President's Victory Workout, which is 18 minutes long and I work up a sweat with it.  Then I add another 12 minute upper body workout.


The app talks you through the exercises and there are different degrees of intensity to choose from.  This is also a great workout if you travel frequently.  There should be enough room in a hotel room to complete the workouts.


Unless, of course, you're staying in a small New York City hotel room and sharing it with three other women....then, not so much.

























Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.
 
Pin It

2 comments:

k. said...

I really commend you for getting out of bed and exercising at 41 degrees. I'm trying to make working out a part of my life.
On the other hand, I don't understand America's obsession with bacon.

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Buttons