Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 28, 2013

Kaepernick Kiss

The countdown is on in my house....six more days til Super Bowl!  If you haven't already figured it out, I'm a HUGE Forty Niner fan and many of my thoughts have been gravitating towards the big game on Sunday.  

I promise, after Sunday I will not write another football post until at least August.  But for now, bear with me on this.

Well you can't have your favorite team in the Super Bowl and not create a Super Bowl party cocktail, right?!

Meet the Kaepernick Kiss.

All you need is some of your favorite vodka.  Mine is Cougar Juice Vodka, made right in my home town.




























Remaining ingredients include Limeade, orange flavored liquer, pomegranite juice and lime.  You can mix this in a pitcher and pour over ice when you're ready to serve.

















Garnish with some lemon rind to get the full Forty Niner flavor....red and gold and you are set!  {full recipe below}
























I certainly hope to see many Kaepernick Kisses come Sunday....and if not, I'll just drink a few.













Kaepernick Kiss Cocktail

2 cups of your favorite vodka {or gin}
1 cup orange liquer
1 cup pomegranite juice
1 cup of limeade
the juice of two limes
lemon peel for garnish

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and pour over ice when ready to serve.

Cheers!!


Pin It

No comments: