Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 27, 2012

Express Yourself

Self Expression through dress is something my five year old has no problem with.   Her personality shines through.  It’s entertaining to see what she comes up with when she steps out of her room every morning dressed and ready for school……sometimes a pleasant surprise and at other times I stifle the cringe that comes over my body when I see what she’s chosen to wear for the day.

I don’t hold her back.

Today it was pleasant.  The budding Fashionista came out sporting black tights with white shorts over them, a sparkly black top, bright blue gloves, a headband and her rain boots……her wordless statement for the day.




I think I see the makings of a trend-setting Fashion Blogger in the future.



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Be yourself as everyone else is taken :)

Unknown said...

Our youngest is the same way, but I still want to hang a little sign on her that says, "Yes, she dressed herself, and your should have seen the first outfit she wanted to wear!" She will wear a sundress out in a snowstorm! Gotta love the personality shining through. She sees all the hues of the rainbow, seldom black or white though, while the oldest totally sees black and white. I think I see a parental/gene thing going on in this instance ;-)

TexWisGirl said...

move over jessica simpson and nicole richie! :)

Robyn said...

Don't worry, Nancy. My sister has a personality all her own, the youngest usually does!

She had some interesting outfits in grade school. Now, she is one of the best dressed people I know. Lucky for me she is an awesome bargain shopper and turns over her clothes often. Oh and we are about the same size!

DebH said...

best way to express yourself, and she is absolutely adorable! What a sweety and she looks so proud. Now keep those photos for the day of high school graduation..I bet she squeals!

Sunnie said...

My oldest who is 8 almost nine, is a little fashion girl also, she always puts stuff together too. ITs funs and cute

Marie W said...

As a grandma of 5 girls, it's fun to watch their personalities shine. It's also fun to show them the photos when they are 19 and hear "Grandma, what were You thinking, letting me dress like that?"