Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 24, 2013

Two Ingredient Spiced Pumpkin Muffins

Lately on the internet, I've been seeing so many of these two ingredient recipes for muffins and wanted to try one of them myself.  My family is a HUGE fan of pumpkin muffins and after just recently cleaning out my pantry, I discovered quite a variety of cake mixes.  





All you need for the basic two ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe is your favorite yellow cake mix, I used Pillsbury and one 15 oz can of Pumpkin Pie Pureed Pumpkin.

I like to use the pumpkin pie canned pumpkin because of all the spices included in the can.  OR you can use Spice cake mix and regular canned pumpkin for basically the same effect.  Mix the cake mix and the canned pumpkin together.  It's pretty thick but mixes well.





Okay, I lied.  I added a third ingredient.........couldn't help myself....semi-sweet chocolate chips.



















Spray a muffin tin, scoop the mix evenly into the tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  These are dense, heavy muffins.  Very moist and tasty and a great way to add pumpkin into your kid's treats.


















If you want to get a little fancy, melt some butter, brush in on the top and sides of each muffin and roll into a sugar/cinnamon mixture to coat the outside....SO good.


Pin It

No comments: