Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 12, 2013

Top 10 Tailgating Recipes for your Parking Lot Party

UGame Day.  It's BIG in my house.  Every Sunday I pull on my lucky red 49er shirt and either go to Candlestick Park for the game and a parking lot party or stay at home and eat and drink in front of the TV and watch as many games as I care to.  And if anything interferes with my game day, well, that's what Smart Phones are for, I guess.

Food Network recently came out with a list of their top 50 favorite tailgate party recipes and out of those, I chose MY favorite top 10.

Here they are.....

Tangy Corn Relish....imagine scooping this with some corn chips or tortilla chips....or maybe even in a leaf of butter lettuce for the perfect lettuce wrap.  




Whenever we bring sausage to an event or party, it's usually the first to go.  Tasty, salty, easy to handle, how perfect is this Grilled Sausage with Spicy Sauce for your tailgate party?!






My mouth immediately began watering when I spotted this Shrimp and Pineapple Not So Po' Boy creation. I'm a sucker for lightly battered seafood..... OH MY!






Hoagie Dip....how can this be wrong when it looks so right?!











No football game can be complete without a pot of chili...Steak Fajita Chili...yum yum.





You know I had to go with this recipe for the name alone!  Farm in a Blanket.  Stuffed with onions, raisins, provolone and salami.





Oh boy, another stuffed piece of heaven.... Mortadella Stromboli.  Stuffed with Swiss or Gruyere cheese, string cheese, basil, olives, tomato sauce and mortadella.  Sure to satisfy a hungry appetite on game day.





I can't have a football party without some adult party punch, I just can't.  Homecoming Punch has cranberry juice, orange juice, pink lemonade, brandy and some sparkling wine.  Served up in a mason jar or a Solo cup...either will work just fine!






Last but certainly not least....something sweet.  Mini Peanut Butter Cupcakes.  Need I say more?










All photos courtesy Food Network


Pin It

No comments: