Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 24, 2012

'BOTW' Martha Stewart's Skirt Steak and Bok Choy Stir Fry

On my recent trip to NYC while attending the BlogHer conference we had the chance to hear Martha Stewart speak as one of the Keynotes.

Smart lady, good business sense, great sense of style and I really enjoyed hearing her story.  She doesn't let anything get her down.  She just keeps going onward and upward in her career.  Very inspiring.  And she's TOTALLY into social media....Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, you name it, she's there.

Her company created ipad and mobile phone apps that include four of her magazines, which you can get for free.  I downloaded mine to my ipad and use them for recipes and party ideas, I just love them.

Check out her orange platform shoes....I loved them!






















In honor of Miss Martha,  my 'Best of the Web' this week, I'm featuring a Martha Stewart recipe......



















photo and recipe courtesy Martha Stewart Living
Skirt Steak Bok Choy Stir Fry
Ingredients
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound skirt steak, thinly sliced crosswise
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 large head bok choy, cut 1 inch thick crosswise
4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced on bias
Cooked rice, for serving....I use the brown rich from the freezer section of Trader Joe's
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped

Directions
1.       In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, honey, and garlic; season with pepper.
2.   In a bowl, toss steak with cornstarch; season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet with a lid, heat oil over medium-high. Add 1/2 of steak; cook, tossing, until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining steak.
3.   To skillet, add soy mixture, bok choy, and carrots. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, about 5 minutes. Return steak to skillet; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice; sprinkle with peanuts.


Hope you enjoy!



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

5 comments:

Michelle said...

This does sound good. I do like Martha and I think she is one savvy lady.

Prairie Rose said...

I love Martha!
This recipe looks delish too:)

Anonymous said...




this is just a question that you might be able to answer, do you know anything about the lady from Four Leaf Clover Tales? I have looked for update posts on other blogs and found nothing.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Anonymous, I do....she is going through another round of treatment, she hasn't been blogging much. Thanks for asking :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have enjoyed her blog and knew she was very sick. I thought maybe I had missed something and was very sad thinking the worse. My google is not working so I had to post anon. Ellie K.