Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 12, 2014

Easiest Rosemary Roasted Chicken

We are a meat eating family, no doubt about it.  If we don't have some sort of meat protein every night for dinner, my kids are hungry again an hour later.  We do stock a freezer full of our ranch raised natural beef but we do mix it up with chicken or pork throughout the week as well.

Rosemary Roasted Chicken is a favorite in our house.  Easy for me to put together and the family gobbles up this healthy deliciousness.

I buy skin on, chicken leg and thigh quarters and skin on thighs as well.  I begin by rubbing some olive oil all over the chicken pieces and then using Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, I season the pieces.






I place the chicken pieces presentation side down in a baking dish, add a sprig of rosemary and place in to a pre-heated 400 degree oven and set the timer for 40 minutes.  After 40 minutes, I then turn the pieces over and bake an additional 40 minutes.  A total of 80 minutes.






After 80 minutes, you will end up with the juiciest, most flavorful and beautiful rosemary roasted chicken. Roasting chicken with the skin on and on the bone really makes this dish juicy.  I, myself, don't eat the skin but I love roasting chicken with it on because I just love the way it's flavored afterwards.  So juicy.



Make sure you make enough for leftovers!  Sliced up chicken is great to top a salad with the next day for lunch or wrap in a tortilla for chicken burritos!

Pin It

No comments: