Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 21, 2013

Favorite Fall Dessert Recipe Round-Up

I love this time of year!  All the fabulous dessert recipes for fall, I can't get enough.  When I called upon my fellow Real Farmwives of America for some of their favorite fall recipes, I hit the jackpot.

Jent, author of From My Front Porch, sent me her Phenomenal Apple Cookie recipe...























"This Pumpkin Crunch, aka Pumpkin Dump Cake, is an easy recipe that takes 5 minutes to make. Every pumpkin lover will beg you for the recipe."  says Leah, from the fabulous food and farm blog, Beyer Beware.





Another favorite of Leah's are these mouth watering Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with brown sugar icing.  I die.





My friend, Cris, from the blog, Recipes That Crock sent me a favorite that I certainly enjoy... Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter...





and Crock Pot Caramel Dip.  Hello!



And Amy from A Latte' with Ott, A, is totally making me crave pie right now with her Gingersnap Apple Crumb Pie....


And one of my favorites that I have made time and time again....Salted Caramel Cookies.  The combination of sweet with the salt, I can devour the entire plate all on my own if I let myself.

Time to start baking.



Salted Caramel Cookies

Ingredients for cookies:
1 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
1/8 tsp Kosher salt

Ingredients for caramel:
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 1/2 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Kosher salt for sprinkling

Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, sugar and egg.  Add the vanilla.  Separately sift together the flour and salt.  With the mixer on low speed, add the four mixture to the creamed mixture.  Mix just until the dough comes together.  Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Scoop level tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.  Place on a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet.  Hold the cookie steady with one hand and press a light indentation into the top of each with your finger or thumb.....the larger the indentation, the more caramel it will hold!  Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until they're barely golden on the sides.  Remove from the oven and immediately re-press your thumbprints if they've faded.  While the cookies are cooling, make the caramel.

Combine the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a medium saucepan.  Do not stir.  Cook over medium-high heat to a dark caramel color, swirling as it begins to brown and distribute the sugar.  While the sugar and water are boiling, heat up the cream in a saucepan or microwave just until warm.

Take the caramel off the heat and add your room temperature butter.  Whisk the butter in, until completely combined.  Add the warmed cream and whisk vigorously.  Mixture will bubble, then settle to a smooth, velvety caramel.

Use a teaspoon to pour caramel onto cooled cookies and sprinkle with Kosher salt.

Pin It

No comments: