Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 11, 2013

Easy Party Appetizer Recipe

I am constantly looking for party recipes to add to my file and not necessarily one made from scratch....I like to cheat a little if I can, just to make a party, or a "pre-party" in this case,  go as seamlessly as possible and without any stress.

I LOVE Artichoke Jalapeno Dip.  I also love pesto.  My neighbor, Bobby, grows a gigantic garden at his place and makes the BEST homemade pesto that I have ever had.  It's like a pesto concentrate where you can add some mayo and spread it on french bread and toast. 

Or, add it to your favorite store-bought Artichoke Jalapeno Dip, bake and devour. 






We had a pre-party cocktail hour at our house the other night and I tried adding this pesto concentrate to my favorite store bought Artichoke Jalapeno Dip.  Just mix together in a bowl, transfer to a baking dish and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or so.

I can eat the entire dish with a loaf of french bread....so good.



















The dip was a hit and made for a good absorber prior to the birthday party we were to attend.


Pin It

No comments: