Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 22, 2013

Al Pastor Pork Mexican Hash

I am a huge lover of hash.  For breakfast or dinner, it's a one-dish meal in my house any time of the year.

I had the chance, just recently, to try out Marcela Valladolid's new "Real Taste of Mexico"  line of food available at Safeway.  Marcela Valladolid is the host of the Food Network show, Mexican Made Easy.  I love flavorful Mexican food and easy to prepare is always a bonus in my busy household, especially on a school night.








As soon as I got my hands on this Al Pastor Pork, marinated and seasoned ready to cook package, I knew it would be PERFECT for a Mexican Hash dish that I could easily whip up on a weeknight for dinner.

I sliced open the package and pulled apart the thinly sliced Al Pastor pork and laid it in an oiled skillet, stove top.  Eight minutes later, I had perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned Al Pastor pork.  SO easy.



I set aside the Al Pastor pork and got busy preparing the rest of the dish.  Par-boiled {or microwaved} Yukon Gold potatoes.  Chopped parsley, green onion, yellow and orange bell pepper and I poached two eggs. {full printable recipe below}

The seasoning of the Al Pastor pork paired very well with the Yukon Gold potatoes, onions and peppers and eggs....it  was delightful!





Al Pastor Pork Mexican Hash

Ingredients:
1 Marcela Valladolid Al Pastor Pork ready to cook package {Safeway}
4 Yukon Gold potatoes
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 of a yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 T butter
1/2 tsp Kosher salt 
freshly ground pepper to taste
2 poached eggs

Directions:
Grill the Al Pastor pork or cook in an oiled skillet, stove top for about 8 minutes.  Set aside.  Par-boil or microwave 4 Yukon gold potatoes until half-way cooked {about 6 minutes in the microwave}.  Slice the potatoes into thin slices.  Add butter to a skillet, add potatoes, salt and pepper.  Cook on medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes.  Add in the bell pepper, green onions, 3/4 of the parsley and cook for another 7 or so minutes or until potatoes begin to brown nicely.  Add the shredded cheese, stir until melted.

Slice the Al Pastor pork and add to the mixture.  Remove from heat.  Finish by adding the two poached eggs and top with the remaining parsley.

Pin It

No comments: