Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 8, 2012

'BOTW' Summer Fresh Orzo Salad with Pesto Dill

I end up finding the best fresh summer recipes in Bon Appetite.  I tend to be drawn to recipes that use fresh veggies that are in season and recipes that are simple to throw together.  Great taste and easy assembly.  So when I saw this Orzo, green bean and fennel salad with dill pesto, I knew it would be my 'Best of the Web' feature of the week and  it won't be long before I make a batch of it myself.  I love orzo.

















Photo and recipe courtesy Bon Appetite






Orzo, green bean and fennel salad with pesto dill~

Ingredients

Preparation


Cook green beans in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer beans to plate. Add orzo to same boiling water. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally; drain.

Blend dill, oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in mini processor until almost smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper.

Cut beans crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large bowl. Add orzo, cucumber, and fennel; mix in dressing. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

No comments: