Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 22, 2011

Starfall~Children's Education w/Linky

It's officially the Holiday Season, which means no school, lots of home time, play time and time to come up with things to keep your kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews entertained.  If you read my post yesterday, then you know today I'm featuring a fantastic children's website that my kids use often.  It's educational, fun and creative all in one. 

I was turned on to Starfall.com by Bryce's teacher three years ago and it's a free public service to teach children to read with phonics.  The website has helped us to enforce math and reading skills in a fun way.  There are so many options to choose from; you can print out worksheets, color pages or just create scenes right on the computer screen. 
















There is also another option to pay an annual fee, I think it's $35 for the year, to get upgraded to More Starfall, which we have done.  If you home-school, or just want some extra curriculum, they have some great print-outs you can create for the kids.  With some long, rainy days coming up, we'll be doing a little home-schooling with Starfall for sure.















If you have a children's website you would like to share, please link up here!



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

3 comments:

Michelle said...

A great web site that I use with my students.

Gale said...

I love Starfall too! I posted a link to my favorite Spanish learning site. Completely in Spanish, but if you know the basics you can work your way through.

The Naked Mother said...

Thanks for sharing this! I'm always looking for new educational sites.